Saturday, November 13, 2004

With Knitted Brow

Well, Dear Readers, here I am again. This time with many questions. I was sitting, knitting, and thinking, the last thing being a very dangerous thing to do, as I have learned over the years. And I was trying to decide the purpose of my having created a blog. Do I want thousands of adoring fans to read my blog? Or is it just for me? If it is just for me, why the heck am I putting it on the web for people to see? Well, if truth be told, I really don't think people will read this, so I guess it is just for me.

I need an outlet for talking about knitting, and a place to record all the projects I create. I am not a scrap book type so I thought maybe a blog. Anyhow, I just started knitting a few months ago. (My mother showed me how when I was much, much younger, but I never made anything, not a scarf, nothing.) I went to visit my mother who is very ill. Dying really. And she had some knitting magazines in the car and I thought I would show it to her as I really couldn't see my dad sitting with her talking about knitting. We looked at the yarn, and the pictures of the sweaters. Then I said to her, " Hey, mom, want me to knit you a scarf?" She smiled and seemed pleased. (She wasn't talking at the moment, she did start talking and improving when she got the scarf about 5 days later, including the shipping time.) I don't mean to sound as if my scarf helped her improve. I think the gourmet french food she ate helped more. And the food my brother has been making for her in his Vitamix. (She can only eat thickened liquids) She loved the scarf though. And little did I know, but at that moment a monster was born. A knitting fiend.

I have been knitting like crazy ever since. Not a really long time but it seems like constantly. I have knitted to date, that scarf for my mom, a scarf for me, a hat I gave to my neighbor because it looked terrible on me, a scarf for a lady who was a neighbor, but we moved so is now a friend. That scarf was soooo soft and cute. Fluffy and pink, made out of a Plymouth yarn called Geisha. An import from Italy. (Not to be confused with the Noro Geisha yarn, in case someone actually reads this.) And now my current WIP is another scarf. For another friend. This scarf is very colorful, with orange, pink, green and turquoise bits. My friend is an artist and loves colorful things. I will post a picture of it soon. I just got a digital camera and have yet to load the software onto the computer, so for now the pictures stay on the camera.

Well now that I have a purpose for this blog, I feel much better. I am also making a mitten. Yes, just one. It is for practice. So far it is a little malformed. The pattern was a little vague, for a beginner, if I was seasoned I probably wouldn't have been confused, although you just never know. Anyway, I do know what they meant now so next mitten I make will not be so strange. As of today the mitten is a WIP. Well hope this is not too boring with out pictures. Soon. I promise. Well I kiss my angels a good day. (Back to knitting)


P.S. As though this post wasn't long enough!! Anyway, I just wanted to share that I figured out my Links dilema. Am I a genius or what? (Please no comments on the genius part)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter