Monday, March 28, 2005

Orange Glow on the Horizon


sweater I want to make Posted by Hello

Well, I was so anxious to get these darn pictures up so you could see that I took bad pictures. Ha Ha. Well, obviously everything is not so orange or yellow. This is a picture of the sweater, the ribbed pullover, that I will make in Sterling, wish you could see the color better.

I will do better tomorrow. It is night and I took the pictures without a flash so this is what I got. I'd do better in daylight. But, I just couldn't wait to show you. Because the mailman came today with a package. Yep, below you will see the yarn for this sweater. Its really nice. It is called Bernat Satin. I think I called it Silk earlier. Sorry to confuse you. Anyway, it is a lot like Caron Simply Soft. It also is a no dye lot yarn. Sorry all yarn snobs, but it is a nice yarn and I don't like wool, so a nice acrylic is fine for me. Although I really liked that Debbie Bliss Silk Alpaca. LOL. No money right now for a whole sweater in that. Besides, I just started knitting late last year. Should I spend a lot of money learning how to knit?

I'm going on a little rant here. I really am tired of reading yarn snobs comments about how they would never use Lion Brand Homespun or a cheap acrylic. Well, I say, if it looks nice and feels nice and the color or texture is just what you are looking for why not use it. I think if you have taste it shouldn't matter the brand. But,perhaps those snobs only think expensive is tasteful. Well, secretly, I think most of them have no taste, so they just buy the most expensive stuff hoping it will do.

Also below is the scarf I made for my friend. The picture is way too yellow. I will see if I can fix it somehow. But, for now, you get the idea. Sorry everything is so badly done. I was in a hurry to post. So now you can get an idea at least. I will try to post something better, but I still don't have batteries for the camera and I didn't want to have to wait until I got some. Well, by for now. Happy Knitting!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lis said...

Ah, good old Bernat Satin. How soft you are. I agree with you about the acrylic, as there is little in the way of animal fibres that I can consider friendly. And in answer to your question, the Bernat I used was Handicrafter Cotton, which I can find from time to time in gigantic bulk-sized balls for fantastic prices. It's 100% cotton. The gauge was really off, but it did shrink significantly and I do so love it now.

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter