Monday, February 14, 2005

I AM MAKING A SWEATER!

Don't hate me because I'm making a sweater. Ha Ha. Remember that ad for Pantene ages ago. Anyway(did I reveal my age with that? Well, you are only as old as you think you are and that means I am still 18 or maybe I should be 21 so I can drink.) So. I am making a sweater. Yup, my first sweater. I am very excited about it. I started on a sleeve. I wasn't sure if there is a part you are supposed to do first, probably the back, but who cares I decided to do a sleeve so it wouldn't seem so intimidating. Not that it really is, but when you haven't made anything like this before it can seem a huge task.

I am about half way done with the sleeve. It is a very simple design that I got from the Knit It mag. It's a shawl collar cardigan that was originally in Kool Wool from Lion Brand. As I am totally itchy with wool I am making mine with Homespun from Lion Brand in Waterfall, which is a light aqua with purple and dark aqua and maybe some gray, but it is hard to tell it looks sort of purply gray. Anyway I think it will be beautiful. Cardigan's are great for LA weather, because layers are key. It can be hot outside, but cold inside in the air conditioning. Same for winter(if you want to call it that) It can be hot in the afternoon, but cold in the morning and evening, so something that easily goes on and off is perfect. So, needless to say I am very excited. Enough of the blog onto the knit.

P.S. I will post a picture of the sleeve, sometime, soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lis said...

All Hail the Sweatermakers!
The only reason I do the back first is that it's the piece that takes the longest, and if I were to do that last I would lose interest and never finish it!

Good luck :) Can't wait to see it.

2:39 PM  
Blogger k said...

Thankyou. I just finished the first sleeve. It is a bit longer than it should be, like an inch, but I put it on my arm and it seemed ok. So we will go with it.

Makes sense about the back as it seemed like forever for the sleeve. But I am so exited to make a sweater, I know I will finish.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter