Sunday, September 04, 2005

What a Ponderful World.

Dear, Readers, I have been doing a little thinking and I thought I would just share it with you. I have been thinking about knitting and blogging. I really enjoy reading blogs. But, not just any blogs. There has to be a sort of personality behind them, ya know? I was reading this one, on Lion Brand, and the idea behind it was good. The lady was going to document how she went about designing her own sweaters. Cool. Wrong. It was deadly dull. I prefer the one by the tattoo covered lady who has a tattoo artist husband. Even though she is not as great a knitter as the other one. (See my list of Blogs you might like. These are the blogs that I read consistantly.)

But, I also must confess, that some blogs depress me. I mean it seems that they post a picture every day of some new sweater, or intricate lace shawl that they have made. How am I ever to catch up? I can't make a sweater everday. I still haven't finished the one I started last November. I thought for sure I'd finish it within a month. I had all but the left front done. And I still have all but the left front done. mmmmmm. I am not sure what is wrong with me. But, I don't have the knitting bug like I did. Oh, don't get me wrong. I still love to knit. But, I just don't feel like it most days. I knit at work. (of course, I work in a knit shop for those who have just tuned in) I really don't get much done there though. And I tend to try to work on a project for work. And at home I like to knit for maybe an hour or two, once or twice a week. At that rate I might finish the lace scarf I am knitting for a friend by Christmas. (or she just might not ever get it, if the sweater is any indication)

Anyway dearies, enough of the depression, how about a little fun. I bought some yarn today at Michaels. I had a 50% off coupon for Labor Day. I got four skeins of Patons Grace, a lovely mercerized cotton. You know I just thought it might make a nice lace shawl, but I plan to make a racerback tank top out of it . I am going to make up my own pattern based off a top I already have. So I just have to knit to the measurements of the top that I have. And I will use the decrease formula from the Stitch and Bi@$ch Nation. So I will be brave. But first I should work on those projects that are on my needles, Dontcha think? Well dear readers, Please send me some cheer-y comments to help keep my spirits up.

P.S. I can't wait for Secret Pal 6. I saw all this stuff I wanted to get my Pal, but I don't know what he or she likes yet so I will have to wait. Uggggh! Well only a week or two till it starts, right?

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

It is closer than you think :) I am checking out your blogs to make suitable matches as we speak :)

5:00 AM  
Blogger k said...

OMG, christine 5:00am I hope that is EST and not PST which I am on.Thanks for the cheery comment. I really can't wait.

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter