Friday, January 14, 2005

Fun with fur


Fuzzy scarf Posted by Hello

Hello dear readers, here is a picture, a not so good picture of the scarf that I made for my sister. Her birthday is tomorrow. It is made with fancy fur from Lion Brand. The color is stormy sea. Very pretty.

So, I bought a magazine yesterday. The new Knit It put out by Better Homes and Gardens. (You just know I have one of those "Better" homes, don't you?) I have to say there are several projects that I want to make and some cool ideas to make up something of my own. So needless to say I am very happy with my purchase. Usually the projects use some kind of very expensive yarn not easily gotten, but they had some sweaters made with yarn I actually knew without having to look in a catalog. Amazing. Maybe I will get a subscription. But who knows I already have more magazines than I can possibly use. I think it is time for some January cleaning. Why wait until Spring? The weather here today is a sunny 73 F so why not.

Well, now what to do for my next project. I am in mid knit on a hat. I have yarn to make a vest. And I have yarn to knit some preemie hats to donate for little babies cuz hospitals need them. So. Where to start. Perhaps I will finish my hat. Then start the vest. If I get bored with that, then I can start a preemie hat. The hat should be able to break up the huge task of the vest. Then when all those projects are done, I can add to my stash and make some more stuff. Yay!!!! Well until I post again.... Happy Knitting!! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Lis said...

So, in your knitting with the fuzzy novelty yarn, did you develop the hate that so many people have for it? (I didn't. I think it's great for accents.)

4:16 PM  
Blogger k said...

No, I had a lot of fun with it. I can't imagine what exactly I might use it for other than a scarf or maybe some edging on stuff. It is kinda wacky and I usually like plain things, but I enjoyed the heck out of making that scarf. It was fast too. I finished it in one day. Well, the knitting part, I let it sit for a few days before weaving in the ends. And it was fuzzy. Fuzzy is good. They had a cool idea for a fuzzy pillow in the Knit it magazine that might be fun to make.

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter