Thursday, September 08, 2005

Secret Pal 6 Questionaire Answered

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I am not a yarn snob. Although I don't really like Red Heart Yarn at all, well on second thought the TLC Amore is nice though. Lion Brand is fine and I like Caron Simply soft. If the yarn is soft, then I tend to like it no matter what brand.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? I don't spin. I do crochet a little. I have made three scarves and a hat, in total.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) I can't wear wool at all, and mohair is totally itchy to me as well. The mohair scarf I knitted was for the shop(I work part time in a yarn shop). :( I know, I know please feel sorry for me. If a yarn is like 20% wool that is usually ok. Also, merino wool doesn't seem to bother me. Smoke bothers me as well. (probably because of the smog here in L.A.) Perfume is fine in stuff i.e. lotions, shower gels, soap. But I don't generally wear perfume as most is too strong and gives me a headache.

4. How long have you been knitting? As of the end of September, 1 year.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I have an Amazon wish list

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) White Musk from the Body Shop. I actually wear this as perfume and it doesn't give me a headache. Also, I like spicy scents, Cinnamon, Pumpkin Spice, that sort of thing. For flowers, I like Rose and Freesia. I also like citrus, orange, grapefruit, etc... and spicy citrus or spicy rose might be nice.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Yes, but I can't eat sugar. Please, really feel sorry for me this time. I even dream about turning down dessert because I can't eat it. Sooo sad. I used to love Creme Brulee. I do eat sugar free things, though. Cookies, candies, etc... and they have some really good and taste-y things now. Probably because so many people have diabetes. :( Oh, I thought I would add that I like to drink tea. Anything decaf. I like decaf black teas over herb teas, but can be herbal too. Anyway hope that helps.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Right now I am not doing any other crafts as I live in a tiny apartment, but I love quilting. I do some needlepoint. I have some cross stitch stuff, but I haven't done any of that yet. And I want to try melt and pour soap making, but I don't have a microwave. (Is this UnAmerican?) So, really only knitting and a tiny bit of crochet.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I love 80's and 90's bands and I mostly listen to women singers. Like Sheryl Crow, Avril Lavigne, Nora Jones and I like blue grass(Dolly Parton, Nickel Creek) and country and folk. I have an iPod shuffle, so MP3's are fine as well as CD's.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Purple!!!!!! The darker the better. I'm not a fan of yellow including mustard yellow, but I do like pale yellow. Think jewel tones, as opposed to brights.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have a fiancee, whom I live with and a wonderful little doggy. A brittany spaniel, who is 9. She will not wear clothes. She hates them. I tried putting socks on her feet once. umm. they didn't last long.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) I hope to be a lady of leisure with a large stash. (I'm joking mostly.)

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I love baby alpaca. It is my favorite fiber. Alpaca and silk, alpaca and ... well you get the picture. Baby Alpaca Brush by Plymouth is awesome and not super expensive. Cotton and cotton blends are always good as I live in a hot climate. I love Debbie Bliss yarn ( her alpaca silk is nice as well as cashmerino) and all the yarn I got from KnitPicks was wonderful. I got the Alpaca Lace Yarn and the Dancing sock yarn. This sounds yarn snobby. I like acrylics too. Anything soft and not itchy. Fuzzy.Yum.


14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? 100% Wool and mohair. They are ok in small percentages though. Oh, I don't like angora either, the little hairs float out and get in my eyes.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Lace, Lace and more Lace.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? No favorites, I have enjoyed knitting everything I have made.

17. What are you knitting right now? OMG, I have several things. A lace scarf for a friend. My never ending scarf for the store. My sweater that I hope to finish one day.

18. What do you think about ponchos? I like ponchos, but I am not sure they look good on me.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? I have all straight needles right now. I only own one circular size 8 x 16. But that is just because I haven't made anything that used them, not because I have a preference.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I like Bryspun needles. I like the tip shape. They are my favorites, but I have all kinds of needles, some bamboo, some aluminum, some plastic.

21. Are you a sock knitter? Well, I hope to be. I bought some sock yarn from KnitPicks(Dancing , the cotton blend one), but don't have any d/ps yet to make them. And I don't know the magic circle technique either. But, would like to learn it.

22. How did you learn to knit? My mom showed me when I was younger, but I never made anything just swatches. Then last year my mom was ill and I told herI would make her a scarf. So I got some books to refresh my memory. My blog documents all I have done since then.

23. How old is your oldest UFO? Not more than a year, ha ha.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Yosmite Sam, and I love meerkats, lions and dinosaurs. And my absolutely favorite animal is my doggie.

25. What is your favorite holiday? My Birthday(How dare you say it's not a holiday!!!) and Christmas.

26. Is there anything that you collect? No. Hmmm, Yarn?

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I have no subscriptions, but I buy Vogue Knitting and Interweave Knits mostly. I have some old copies(like from 2003) of Family Circle Easy Knitting that I like as well.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? Yes, my Amazon wish list is loaded with them. Ha Ha. Just sort by priority that should help.

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another?? I would like a beautiful lace shawl pattern, either rectangle or triangle shaped. And not too difficult, I am somewhat of a beginner here,ha ha, ya know?

30. Sock size? I'm sorry but I have no clue about sock size. If someone would care to explain I will happily measure my foot. :)



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up on what you really like this is a great big help.
Your
Secret Pal
SP6

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter