Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Total Disaster

Yes, I had a knitting disaster. The pattern I was knitting from was wrong. Wrong in so many ways. I was going to have to rip almost the whole thing and start again. I was already working on the sleeves. But the worst thing... not enough yarn. The errata said that some people needed as much as two, TWO, extra skeins of yarn. ARRRRGGGGHHHH! Please, Please, Please, check the errata before you knit.

So, I just started knitting something else. This pattern is free from Lion Brand. It is a tunic length sweater with a pretty ribbed collar. I think it's called the Newcastle pullover. Very nice and easy. This is knitted in pieces. I like pieces. When something is not right, you don't have to re-knit the whole sweater. Only a piece. Also, I don't mind at all the sewing up. It's really easy. Oh, and I am knitting my new sweater in Patons Classic Wool in the beautiful Cognac Heather. I'm about halfway done with the back.

The Phoenix rises from the ashes.

Ta ta for now, dearies, and happy knitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter