Saturday, September 17, 2005

SP6 got me thinking :)

Well, dear readers, I have been reading the blogs of the other SP6ers. They are alot of fun to read. I usally go right for the questionaire. Almost all the ones I have read are yarn snobs. Sigh. I don't blame them really. But to me there is something sad when you use really nice yarn and the thing you knitted didn't turn out very well. And it seems to happen even to the best of knitters, not just the beginners like me. Of course the joy is tremendous when you knit something well made out of sumptous yarn...so maybe the good really does outweigh the bad. I may be a yarn snob yet. Give me time.

I also saw some other Branching out scarves, others who like knitpicks....Its fun to see what everyone is knitting and also to see how excited everyone is to get there secret pal. I think this is due to the fact that people no longer write letters. When was the last time you wrote a letter? NOT a card, but a full fledged letter? Yep, I thought so... Anyway it is one of the great things in life to get mail, even a card that is hand written. Also it is something you can keep. To remember what a person was like, their sense of humour etc....I plan to send more in the mail from now on. To my friends old and new, to my relatives. Just a thought.

Happy Knitting!

P.S. I decided to look for more stationery so I thought I would look online for some cute stuff. It was all personalized and a zillion dollars. Does any one know of a place online to get nice and cheap stationery. I did see some on Cranes, I am afraid that all stationery now is almost $20 dollars (US) a box. I like the stationery that has more sheets then envelopes too. Do they think only one page will do? Yes I guess they do. Sad. :( Thanks for the input in advance.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that I am really enjoying reading you blog and I might not have stumbled onto it had it not been for Secret pal 6. I hope that you have a good week and please let me know if you like knit picks yarn? You can post it on your blog as I read is through bloglines.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter