Sunday, October 30, 2005

Good Times!!!

Oh dearies, I was so down yesterday, if you saw my down post I removed it very quickly as I regreted it the moment I posted it. I realize I was just tired. Also my boyfriend has been working long hours lately and I am not used to that. I miss him. We have been together 7 years and have spent most of that time together. All day, everyday. In a small one bedroom apartment. And we still like each other. We are finally getting married in March, if I can pull it all together. :) Also we are sharing a car, and I am suffering a small amount of cabin fever. I can take the bus to a few places, but in LA it really is not convenient to go anywhere without a car. :(

Thankyou readers for posting comments. I appreciate it alot. And for those of you too busy or too shy to post, thanks for reading my blog. I am grateful.

Ok on to knitting.
Yesterday I started my first Helmetliner for the Troops. It is being made in Plymouth Galway in black. I knitted the neck ribbing, and finished about 4 inches. This morning I woke up at 7 am and picked up my knitting as I needed something quiet to do till the boyfriend awoke. And I finished the ribbing. (By the by it was really 6am as we just had daylight savings time and didn't set the clocks back. I have never woken up that early, ever, without coersion. It was a first. Well, I still feel a little tricked because of the daylight savings thing though.) Now I am working on the head part. I cast on the additional stitches and joined them. Now I want to recount to make sure I have the right number, just to double check, then I'm on my way.

I am really excited about this. I really feel connected to all the ladies in the past that knit for the men and women serving in the armed forces. And I hope these helmet liners make a small difference to their lives. Which I am sure are not always comfortable or easy.

Also I plan to whip out a few small blankets to put in the cages of animals in shelters. :) And the owner of the shop has ordered us some Cascade 220 superwash in black so we can make some helmet liners that are machine washable. Yay!!! I have to say I am really fired up about this. So things are good in the knitting front. Cheers lovies!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

You are so right, it is the clapotis (ok it was pretty easy to tell right?)!

The beach is...umm well I'm not sure the name of the beach but my friend lives in Hermosa Beach, so maybe that is what the beach is called? It's pretty close to a whole bunch of bars.

7 years and finally getting married? Congrats to you! I've been with mine nearly 8, with no plans for marriage yet. We also live in a tiny one bedroom apartment and have yet to kill each other. And I feel for you on the sharing the car thing, for awhile we were sharing my car and it truly drove me insane! Made me feel like I was chained up in the apartment!

Ok this comment is way too long! But I just read about the helmetliners in some new knitting mag and I thought it sounded like a worthwhile cause, so good for you for putting all the time and effort into doing this!

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter