Monday, September 19, 2005

Knit Picks and Bloglines and Strange Green Yarn, Oh My!

Well, dear readers, I have a funny story to tell about work, but first to answer a few questions and to ask a few of my own. First, my pal, asked if I like KnitPicks. I love Knit Picks. They have great yarn at great prices. And the colors of the yarn are beautiful. I've only gotten one catalog so far, but I go over and over it planning projects, seeing which yarn will work with a pattern I have, etc... I am a little knit obsessed ok? ;) Anyhoo. I have some of the alpaca cloud lace yarn in Midnight, Autumn and Iris, and the Dancing sock yarn in Square Dance. I also have the Elizabeth the first lace scarf pattern.

Now I have a question for my pal, or really anyone who can answer, what is bloglines. My pal says she reads my blog on bloglines and I have no idea what that is, so please enlighten me. Thank you in advance.

Now, on to my funny story. I got to pick out some yarn to order for the store. Yay!!!! I picked Kid Soft from GGH. I picked like nine colors and my boss loved them all and we ordered them. Well then last week, thursday, we got a shipment from Muench with some Kid Soft in it. But I didn't remember picking out any of those colors. There was a strange green, that I know I didn't pick. The rest of the colors could have been something I chose,but well it just wasn't quite right. And there were only six colors in the order. But the packing list showed we ordered those colors. It just didn't add up, something was fishy.

So, we had actually written the colors we ordered down and none, not a one of the colors we got were the ones we ordered. Sooo. Guess what happened? My boss had ordered that same yarn from the sales rep and had completely forgotten. Then when I said lets get some of this, its really soft she said Ok. So, now we will have fifteen colors of the Kid Soft. :( I wonder if we will ever sell all that yarn. OOOOpppseeey! Oh well, it is really nice yarn. But really we have tons of mohair in the shop. I really do wonder if it will all sell. I mean mohair in Los Angeles? Do people wear that? I suppose a nice shawl for night time would work.

Of course we can't keep the wool on the shelves. Everyone loves to felt. Is felting a huge phenom other places? It's not like there is much time in the year to wear our wool sweaters in summer camp weather. But you'd think people would knit tank tops or summer stuff like that. Mostly though I see people felting and making scarves in funky novelty yarn. I think it is because they don't have to worry about the dreaded gauge. Could be?

I know, dear Readers, that you don't worry about gauge. Now do you? No. You are fearless, as it should be.

Cheers, lovies, and Happy Knitting!!!!!!

P.S. I forgot to say that I didn't finish my sweater yet. I started the arm hole shaping. Yay! But was hit with the Zombie Flu. I didn't feel sick just extremely exhausted like I was the undead. I thought something was really wrong with my health and couldn't figure out why I was soooo tired. They my boyfriend said he felt the same, just a case of Zombie Flu. I'm much better today, so I might finish the sweater by this weekend. Oh and maybe I should try posting some pictures once and while, ya think?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bloglines is a way to read bolgs as soon as something new is posted with out having to check each individual blog. you can check it out at www.bloglones.com it is a free service and if you read a lot of blogs every day it will save you time by having all of your favorite blogs all in the same place, it is a great way to read blogs. all you have to do is add your favorite and some blogs have a button on thir sidebar that is a sub bloglins and all you have to do is click this and it will add them to your blogroll.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look in the mail, you should have a suprize in a couple of days.
I hope that your enjoy it.

8:50 AM  
Blogger k said...

I am watching my mail with great anticipation, and I may just have to do that bloglines thingy. We will see.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter