Monday, September 26, 2005

Celebration Time, Come On!

Hello, Dearies, It's time to celebrate. I have officially finished knitting my sweater. Yay!!! I can't believe it. It's done. I think the best thing about it is that I didn't abandon it. Let's see, I started this thing in February according to this blog. (Good thing I have it too, as I thought I had started the sweater in December) So, I have been knitting this thing for seven months. Mmmmm. And I thought I would be done with it in a month. Ha ha on me. Well, I guess I just didn't take into account that I would not want to work on it for ohhh five of those months. So, I stuck with it and it is done. I still have to sew all the pieces together. :( I am not the best hand sewer around but at least I know how to do it. :)

So, let's post a few random pictures of things to add to the party mood, shall we?
The branching out scarf, in all its glory, full blocked and hanging in the shop.

The lace scarf on the needles is the one for my friend. You can't really tell from the picture but it is a very pretty light blue. The yarn is Crystal Palace Kid Merino in Misty Blue, which I just found out is discontinued. Actually all their pretty colors were discontinued. Blah!

and the last picture is the Knit for her Cure scarf(the one on the cover of Vogue Knitting) made from Muench String of Pearls. You knit three scarves and then braid them together. Let me tell I don't suggest making one of these. It takes forever. I call it the never ending scarf.:) Well gotta go. Happy Knitting! Comments are welcome. (as long as they are nice and clean and mostly knitting related,you get the picture) ;)





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your first sweater. You know I have never knitted a Sweater, I really want to but I have been to scared to just do it, and I cannot find a yarn that I think I would like for a long time.
I hope that you are having a good day.

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter