Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Down in the Dumps :( or at 6's and 7's ;)

Just a quick little post to let you all know that I am down in the dumps. Had an emotionally draining morning and it left me depressed. I wish blogger had little icons like live journal does. Perhaps Blogger is more serious.

Well, I tried starting my grey sweater last night. Knitting the gauge and all. It is supposed to be knit on US 8's. I am down to 6's right now. Don't know if they will work or not. I don't have any 5's. So if the 6's don't work I will have to buy some needles. And this brings us to a dilema. I think it is time to get a Denise needles set. I get a discount at the shop so not as expensive for me. What do you think? They have sizes 5 to 15 and all the different lengths. This doesn't help me in the lace knitting department so I will still have to buy the smaller sizes. Hmmmmm. What to do?

Also the grey sweater has an allover pattern and you have to increase in pattern. Any tips on this that anyone knows. Help me out here people. Is it easier than it sounds. I think I figured it out, but.... What if I increase one stitch in from the edge? Uggg. Maybe this is too hard for me and I should try something easier. :( I do have all that lace yarn to knit into the Elizabeth I scarves. No increasing required.I also would like to try knitting my socks but, once again, I have to buy needles. Sigh. US 2's and 3's. And there is the debate about d/ps or magic loop or the two circulars. I don't know which to try first. :)

I seem to be at 6's and 7's trying to decide what to knit next. Blahh. Any suggestions might help. I am feeling a bit better just putting this all out there. Maybe I will be lucky and get some feedback. Thanks for listening. And as always lovies, Happy Knitting!

P.S. Oh Dear, let me see I should have told the pattern. According to my knitting dictionary it is call Striped moss stitch. So basically it is 5 stitches in moss stitch and 4 in stockinet and so forth across. It starts with the moss. So the first increase stitches should look like stockinet. But I wanted to increase one stitch in from the end. So Should I change the stitch one row before the increase to be the stockinet, then when I increase I can make it the moss? Do tell? Thanks lovies.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lis said...

That all depends, my dear, what kind of pattern is it? Lace? Ribbing? I don't recall. But knowing what it is will make a difference as to how you increase.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter